We are Western Australia's first established Baptist Church with the Foundation Service being held in the Perth Town Hall on the 23 June 1895.
May 1899 saw the Opening and Dedication of a church building in Museum Street. This was not only the worship and outreach centre of Perth Church but also was used for many years by the WA Baptist Union for meetings and assemblies.
A forced land resumption by the State to make way for a Cultural Centre led to relocation of the church to its present site on the corner of James and Stirling Streets with the new church Dedication and Opening being held on the 23 June, 1973.
When passing the Alexander Library on the way to the church, stop by the entrance to the Library and there on a pillar is to be found a brass plate which marks the site of the first Baptist Church in WA. The Foundation Stone from the Museum Street site is embedded beside the Stone of the present building.
There are now 108 established Baptist churches and fellowships in suburban and country WA with this Perth church being the only Baptist Church within city precincts.